December 14, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorstay Rich Raspberry

My Priceline trip yesterday began with good intentions, I swear! I was searching for Revlon's New Complexion powder for my grandma, and of course, they had 3 for 2 on Revlon. Damn. I needed a new base coat, since my old Revlon one has become bubbly and stringy, so I figured I might as well pick up a pretty colour too.



I don't often wear pinks because they're a bit girly, but this one is much more sophisticated than the usual suspects! As you can see, their name is pretty much spot on: this an incredibly rich dark pink with slight purple/burgundy tones. It's even richer in real life-- my camera decided to turn it into a bright Barbie pink in pretty much any lighting :( The first photo is a closer colour, but the second shows off the insane shine.

I used two coats with Revlon's Colorstay base coat and top coat in the shots above. Aside from a few marks I wanted to smooth over, I absolutely could have left the top coat off. The colour on its own is incredibly shiny and even and lives up to it's "gel-like" claims. I quite like the brushes on these as well: they're double-barrelled, which makes for a nice manageable width, however if you apply too much pressure the two halves can spread away from each other, leaving an awkward bald stripe down the middle. I've worn Blue Slate from the same range with the old version of the Colorstay top coat for eight days with a only the slightest amount of tip wear.

Has anybody tried any other colours from the Colorstay range? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment